Job Calls/Referral Policy
September 27, 2023
There are currently 24 jobs:
9 Journeyman Wireman calls for BVCC working at Holiday Services starting September 25th. The hours are 11 pm to 7:30 am Monday night through Friday night. The scale is $28.76 plus $3.50 shift differential. Must have up-to-date scaffold safety, fall protection, & confined space cards. You must be able to pass a Disney background check.
5 Journeyman Wireman calls for BVCC working @ Holiday Services starting October 2nd. The hours are 11 pm to 7:30 am Monday night through Friday night. The scale is $28.76 plus $3.50 shift differential. Must have up-to-date scaffold safety, fall protection, & confined space cards. Must be able to pass a Disney background check.
1 Journeyman Wireman calls for BVCC working at Splash Mountain MK for Ronnie. They are working 5 10’s with a 6 am start time . The scale is $28.76 an hour. Must have up-to-date scaffold safety, fall protection, & confined space cards. You must be able to pass a Disney background check
1 Journeyman Wireman call for BVCC working at Yard 1 for Dan. The hours are 9:30pm to 6am Sunday night through Thursday night. The scale is $28.76 plus $3.50 shift differential. Must have up-to-date scaffold safety, fall protection, & confined space cards. You must be able to pass a Disney background check.
5 Journeyman Wireman calls for Maddox Electric at the Gamma project. The hours are 6 am to 2:30 pm Monday through Saturday. The scale is $28.49 an hour.
1 Journeyman Wireman call for Electro Design Engineering at Hydro Aluminum in Rockledge. They are working 4 - 10's with a 7 am start time Monday through Thursday. The scale is $28.49 an hour. The start date of this job is September 12th and is expected to last 3 weeks.
1 Journeyman Wireman call for Carter Electric at Grand Cyprus for Patrick Stanley. The hours are 7 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday with possible overtime at a later date. The scale is $28.49 an hour and is expected to last until late February.
1 Journeyman Wireman call for Wilcom Electric. The hours are 7am – 3:30 pm Monday through Friday. This is a shop call, out of Apopka. You must be able to pass a JLA background check.
The last call was taken by:
Book 1 -#
Book 2 - #
Follow the link to apply for Unemployment:
UPDATE RESIGN POLICY
IBEW LOCAL UNION 606 REFERRAL POLICY
UPDATED September 5, 2023
1. Original sign in shall take place IN PERSON, BY FAX OR E-MAIL for Local 606 members any time during normal operating hours of the business office (Normal business hours are 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.) Original sign shall take place IN PERSON for non Local 606 members or by fax from any Local Union who will accept an Original fax sign from Local 606 any time during normal operating hours of the business office. If you are not a Local Union 606 member and are currently employed in any other IBEW jurisdiction, you will NOT be allowed to sign the out of work list. No one shall sign the out of work list who is working under an agreement to which Local Union 606 is a party.
1. Re-sign shall be required the 10th – 17th of each month. Re-sign may be accomplished through recorded e-mail, fax, regular mail or in person. Re-sign information must include: Name, Card Number, Local Union Number and Original Sign Date. Failure to properly re-sign will result in removal from the out of work list.
DISPATCH POLICY AND PROCEDURE
1. All calls for Journeymen Wiremen will be placed on a recorded system at the Local and Long Distance telephone numbers listed below and also on our website www.ibew606.org after the close of business. The calls for manpower will identify the requesting employer, number of persons needed, classification, duration of call (if known), and any required special skills.
2. All calls will be filled at the referral halls listed below beginning at 9:30 a.m. the following business day and dispatch will remain open until all calls are filled.
3. In the case of an emergency employer request for manpower, the Business Manager is responsible for placing registrants timely and this may require dispatch of registrants outside the normal business hours by whatever means available.
4. All applicants for employment may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message on the recorder stating their name and date they signed the book by 7:29 AM and indicate interest in the job call or IN PERSON from 8:00 AM to 8:30 AM at the Orlando Hall. Referrals will be issued to applicants that contact the referral office and have tenure on the appropriate out of work list.
5. Short calls will be 14 calendar days in duration with no limit on hours worked. Time waiting on a background check will not count against the 14 days. An individual working 14 days or less shall retain their position on the out of work list unless terminated for “just cause” or voluntary quit.
If resign period occurs during the short call, resign is required to maintain your position on the Book.
6. Any applicant discharged for “just cause” twice in a twelve-month period will be suspended from future referral privileges until they appear before the Appeals Committee for determination as to their continued eligibility for referral.
Orlando Referral Hall: IBEW Local Union 606, 820 Virginia Drive, Orlando, FL 32803
Recorder Phone Number: 407-896-7271
(After 4:30 PM EST)
Email address for job calls email@example.com
Email address for resign firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax Number for resign 407-896-7274
Melbourne Referral Hall 1990 W. New Haven Ave., Suite 103, Melbourne, FL 32904
Phone Number: 321-327-2157
Page Last Updated: Sep 270, 2023 (13:06:36)